American Road Cycling

[ Home | Rides | Chatter Box | Comics | About | Fees | Join | Members | FAQContact | Dedication ]

Members Mail Answered

From:     Frank Guarnuccio
Subject:  Comments submitted on Query Form 06/29/2005

Original Submittal:

Sling,

It was great reading "Chuckie's Mission"...the story about your Glade Hill Road ride with Ant-nie D. If I remember correctly, this story was also in "The Smokin' Turd" a few years back (jeese, don't print my name on that one.. I'm having an episode of cowardice), and I enjoyed reading it back then...Kinda like tearing up Iron Forge Hill Road behind someone muttering the "Good n' Plenty" song over & over..?

Frank

Response:

<<
> It was great reading "Chuckie's Mission"...the story
> about your Glade Hill Road ride with Ant-nie D.

Thank you for the kind words about the article, and for putting the very insider 'Ant-nie D' in your response, so I could take a few minutes figuring it out, then a few more adding the translation here for others, which is:

'Ant-nie D' is a terrific way to pronounce Anthony Defeo's name. Anthony chose 'Tony' for the article for his own reasons. We all call him just exactly what the fuck we want to, for our own reasons.

<<
> If I remember correctly, this story was also in
> "The Smokin' Turd" a few years back (jeese, don't
> print my name on that one.. I'm having an episode
> of cowardice), and I enjoyed reading it back then...

You are correct, Frank. I am about half way through republishing all my articles from the newsletter you mention under the title: The Spin Bitch Chronicles. I was planning to get it all done, then post the publication, but there seems to have been a high level leak and the word is out. Most people will therefore miss all the annotations and edits, because they'll read it too early. You yourself probably missed a few hundred edits to Chuckie's Mission, because I was working on it all day when you wrote.

Of course Mr. Guarnuccio, per your request I will be sure not to put your name with this, because people might get the idea you are a wuss. On the other hand, the local bicycle club, whose newsletter you have so perfectly re-named, has not been harassing me much these days. Seems they've gotten the message and require no further castigation. Even so, I have been told they are now in the process of re-writing history and taking me out of it, but I don't really care and do not bother trying to keep up with their shenanigans.

Be aware that the The Spin Bitch Chronicles version of Chuckie's Mission has been altered to fit your screen, which has no paper usage restrictions on it.

<<
> Kinda like tearing up Iron Forge Hill Road behind
> someone muttering the "Good n' Plenty" song over & over..?

Guess that's sort of like the Marching Chant submittal we just received which ironically comes from somebody having the exact same IP number as you yourself, which is: 24.161.0.142. I'll make a note to not publish that number along with the Frank Guarnuccio name. For the life of me, I cannot recall a time you ever went up Iron Forge behind anybody. Must have happened sometime after I was banned from that ride.

Here's the follow-up.

this page last updated:
06/14/2013 09:01:17 AM

A Def Unc T Publication